Wednesday, May 25, 2011

At Your Request

Photobucket

I often return to this blog at the time I'm about to go to sleep. No sooner.




As such, I don't often reply or post. Even now, the time is 0133 and I have visited and am now posting. I've still been thinking up ideas for games, but I don't post about them anymore out of an unwarranted fear of losing the idea or IP to some other producer. It isn't a mindset I like to nurture, but with this subject - my games- I will do it.

Within the last 2 hours or so I've been to ~3 blogs/sites that consist of stories and ideas of other people who sometimes draw up their ideas, and sometimes don't, but they all express their ideas and tales.

at www.27bslash6.com, the guy mostly tells stories in the form of his back and forths in emails.  He's already had a book or two published so he could probably care less about your visiting, but I enjoy his work a great deal.  He's probably most widely known for his work with missy the cat.

Reading through that guy's site prompted me to ask about the site www.theoatmeal.com.  I thought it was the site that was the source of a comic about "alot" - its misuse and one guy's means of getting past the common misspelling.  I was incorrect! that alot comic came from hyperboleandahalf!  Theoatmeal is still good though.  It has comics about grammar and other silly things- lists, how-to's, as well as simple rants.  I didn't check any of those last three links for quality as I should've, but you get the idea.  Check out the sites!

I've taken many more trips throughout korea, mostly to the Seoul area.  I have become lazy in posting them and even moreso once I noticed I was taking a hundred or two per trip and then it'd be much better if they were labeled or i put some description in them.  It's much easier to simply reply with "eff that"

Here's the link to the photobucket with some stuff from ~ 2 or 3 weeks ago: 
http://s1129.photobucket.com/home/reginalddlaniger

I should really upload the rest...

I apologize for my infrequency of visits/input.  I will attempt to be more active as I can understand how a lack of input can really stagger a creative process.

-NP

P.S. I almost replied to your lengthy post from 16 May-  Once again it was late and I ended up closing the window on my reply before it was finished.  I really tried putting a lot of thought into that quote about the mean man and all that.  I don't like the quote - I want more clarification from the man that spoke it.  I'd prefer to discuss an actual (rather than an assumed) meaning. 

A favorite quote of mine comes from Benjamin Franklin "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."  I've been thinking of it as, "Anyone that sacrifices freedom for security gets none, and deserves neither."  Which I think is essentially the same thing.  The idea kinna helps fuel my drive out of the military. 

Oh the smiley bread thing is likely some poor Korean kid either volunteering or getting paid to be a loaf of bread with wings?  At least it looks happy!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you. I'll respond in detail and with much more care maybe tomorrow after work since I wish to spend the rest of my two hours before today's shift on progressing myself further into the hard heart of literature like an invisible man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the stories of Missing Missy, the simple dog, and the Alot and regressed subsequently into a state of giggling animality as if newly born were I. Thanks alot...and Chris!

    I hope to post in the near future with a caliber on par with yours. If this were to happen I think it'd be nigh time for you to quit the military and reclaim your soul through ways of reporting or snarky blogging.

    By the way, have you read David Foster Wallace? Your sarcasm and obsessions with technicalities and use of ~ impress that you would enjoy his novel Infinite Jest or at least any of his nonfiction, which are brimming with erudite sarcasm and irony.

    ReplyDelete